3.31.2011

Vinegar: The Magical Liquid

I've always known that if you run out of Windex or need to clean calcium deposits out of a sluggish coffee maker, vinegar is the way to go. But why should this only be a secondary solution after all else fails? Do we know about all the poisons lurking under our kitchen sinks and in the cleaning closet? Every cleaner you own can be replaced by one simple purchase; white cider vinegar. Vinegar has been used for a long time before all of those other cleaners came along. It can be used as a window cleaner, floor cleaner, all-purpose bathroom cleaner, in the laundry, in the garden, and so much more. What is best about choosing vinegar is that it is extremely cheaper than buying all of those specialized cleaners and that it is 100% safe around children and pets. No more Mr. Yuck stickers! It is also naturally made from apples so it is completely safe for the environment. This is completely win-win! Here are some sites I've found that list the mixing instructions and the endless uses for vinegar in your home and garden. Join me and clean the natural and safe way!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Ladies! Great to see you both greening it up. I also use vinegar to clean almost everything in my house and I LOVE it!! I did want to mention that because vinegar is an acid you have to be careful what it is mixed with. If it mixes with bleach it releases chlorine gas which can be harmful...even deadly if too much is inhaled. I know this from personal experience (YIKES!! and OOPS!!!) Vinegar also releases VOC's until it dries which I recently learned from Seventh Generation when I called to ask them if I could mix it with their dish liquid to clean floors. They recommended that I didn't because of the VOC's. I just wanted to caution you on researching before mixing it with anything. Happy greening! XO Amanda

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your input and feedback, but please be respectful. All comments are moderated, so don't be alarmed if you don't see your comment immediately after posting.